Business & Finance
Business Succession Planning
Estates & Trusts
Real Estate Transactions & Title Insurance
Special Needs Planning
Zoning & Land Use
Steve is a versatile attorney who is as comfortable working with business professionals on a sophisticated business matter as he is working with individuals on their estate plan. Steve has broad real estate experience that includes common residential property matters such as sale by owner and complex commercial matters such as 1031 tax-deferred exchanges. Steve counsels business clients from their business venture’s infancy through daily business matters and finally to disposition of the business by sale or succession.
- Represented a quasi-governmental body in its real estate dealings with the Port Authority of Allegheny County regarding the North Shore Connector project
- Represented a national real estate investor in the sale of a $5 million big box commercial property
- Represented a national bank, in its capacity as trustee, in the evaluation and purchase of vacant real estate in Salt Lake City, Utah valued at $20 million
- Represented a corporate client with the sale of their former headquarters building and purchase of their new headquarters building utilizing a 1031 tax-deferred exchange
- Represented a large regional non-profit with $2,775,000 financing, and associated title insurance, for the construction of a local retail facility
- Represented a regional bank with a $9,250,000 construction loan documentation project for construction of a residential condominium project in the City of Pittsburgh.
- Represented a large regional non-profit organization in its disposition of obsolete facilities.
- Represented a large physical therapy practice in the negotiation of leases within its multi-state footprint